MAKAR are at the very forefront of innovative and sustainable housing throughout Scotland and beyond, and we’re now looking for someone who can thrive in a hybrid role which supports both internal and external customers.
Responsibility will be for professionally dealing with our customers, suppliers and indeed anyone who phones our offices or comes to them, plus providing support to our Finance and Administration Manager and office functions, including marketing. Therefore, previous administrative experience is essential.
The skills and attributes the successful candidate must have are:
- Full understanding of the MAKAR product (full training will be given)
- Be able to greet customers professionally, and give a fantastic and memorable first impression
- Exceptional telephone manner
- Excellent written English
- Excellent admin and time management
- Enthusiastic, focused, able to use own initiative, keen to learn and grow with and within MAKAR
- Strong organisational skills and a ‘can-do’ approach
- Be able to use Excel and Word, with experience of sage also an advantage (if not then training can be provided)
A full driving licence will also be required.
Main enquiry tasks
Enquiries come in from our website, phone and also Facebook Messenger, though we will be actively encouraging potential customers to use the website given that more information can initially be gathered through the online form. Given the potential value and therefore importance of a single enquiry, a process will be in place to:
- Acknowledge receipt of the enquiry the working day it comes in
- Call back for phone enquires which come in when you’re not working, and equally email from the website and Messenger
- Determine if the enquiry is serious and in-line with MAKAR’s offer (a criteria will be set out for this), and once that’s established respond to the enquirer appropriately
- For enquiries that are accepted, follow-through with the design team to ensure it is dealt with efficiently and effectively
- Develop and manage a new CRM system
- Monitor Facebook Messenger on a daily basis (this is anyway necessary for general enquiries)
Overall, the enquires element of the job role is to fully own the process and ensure that every enquiry – good or less suitable – is properly dealt with.
Main administrative tasks
You will be required to provide regular support to the Finance & Administration manager and Director, as well as carrying out further ad-hoc tasks identified by the wider office team.
Weekly examples of tasks include:
- Stationary & cleaning orders for both office and production teams
- Invoicing to customers & suppliers
- Inputting weekly timesheets on Sage for all departments
- Creating new customer files on server and producing pre-contract agreements under supervision of architect
- Folder generation for all new starts, complying with GDPR practises
- Carry out monthly credit card reconciliations
- Assist with grant applications as required
- Track all hardware, vehicle and subscription expiries and renew in timely fashion
Main marketing support tasks
Much of the management and delivery of our marketing function is currently outsourced, but none the less there are a number of important tasks – and overall there’s a need to work closely with the external suppliers. Content for the website and social media will typically be outsourced, with the main role being to a) ensure this happens, and b) then post it online.
- Website – regular updates of news and blog; keeping staff, case study and brochure pages up to date
- Social Media – regular updates of FB, Instagram, Twitter; ensuring LinkedIn etc. has relevant entries
- Photography – organising quotes for photography and video; liaising with customers and photographers
- Events (likely mid-2021 onwards) – planning; organising; liaising with event holders; arranging transport and staff rotas; managing the events calendar (Black Isle Show, Self-Build Show (March), Greener Homes, Open Doors Day)
- Awards – managing calendar of awards; undertaking entries; gathering relevant material; seeking out relevant awards
- Neil our founder’s ongoing World Speaking Tour – preparing material (PPT, photos, booking hotels and trains); generally helping Neil with public appearances